Get Involved with GATHER
About the Need
According to the New Hampshire Food Bank:
• More than 10% of Seacoast residents live below the poverty line.
• 1 in 9 people in New Hampshire are food insecure.
• 1 in 5 children in New Hampshire are food insecure.
• 22.3% of New Hampshire seniors will be food insecure by 2030.
Addressing the Need
Through its core programs, GATHER serves more than 1,400 Seacoast residents each month,distributes 285,000 pounds of food each year and distributes food to approximately 400 children per week during the weeks school is out of session. There are endless ways for you to join us. Find one that's right for you and join us today!
Find out how you can help by volunteering, organizing a food drive, sponsoring an event or donating funds below. Help us become part of the solution!
Note the percentage of children eligible for free and reduced school lunch programs:
- Greenland: 6.5%
- Hampton: 17%
- Hampton Falls: 9%
- Kittery, ME: 29%
- North Hampton: 9%
- Portsmouth: 20%
- Rye: 5%
- Seabrook: 46%
- Stratham: 7%
- Newington: 21%
Volunteers help keep the Seacoast Family Food Pantry moving forward. We often need volunteers for the following:
• Counting, sorting and stocking items for the pantry
• Assisting in on and off site food drives
• Outreach and fundraising event participation
• Holiday basket assembly and distribution
• Office assistance entering data, answering phone and the preparation of mailing
• Shift coverage for occasional pantry hours
How to Volunteer
Volunteer training is offered quarterly. If you are interested in volunteering with the Seacoast Family Food Pantry please Contact Us.
Food and Fund Drives
Thank you for your interest in helping Gather by running a food drive. We've put together a toolkit to help facilitate the process of registering, planning, promoting, and collection! If you have any questions please reach out to us at FoodDrive@sffp.org
How to Donate Food
Non-perishable food donations can be made directly to:
210 West Road #3
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Our need increases during the summer as donations lessen. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated
How to Donate
Gather is grateful for the loyal support of many schools, churches, businesses, foundations, grants and neighbors in this unique community. We receive no state or federal funding and rely on the generosity of our friends to sustain the agency, the oldest social service agency in NH founded in 1816.
Donate by Credit Card
Please consider making a recurring gift so you can support our work throughout the year.
Donate by Mail
210 West Road, Suite 3
Portsmouth, NH 03801